2022 MakeX Spark Online Competition-Singapore
Registration fee would be required for this competition.
Please contact the local organizer to get the details.
For more information, please refer to: www.makexsg.com
Please follow the participation instructions for your first time.
What is MakeX Spark?
Why Join MakeX Spark？
Project-based creative design program
Unlike most robotics or coding competition, it also requires creativity, design-thinking and presentation, working as a complete project circle.
Have all-round development
You will get a comprehensive development by using logical thinking and innovation to design solutions for a real-world problem and demonstrating it to others.
A fun solution to distance learning
It gives you an opportunity to study at home and have great fun while creating and learning.
Experience the joy of sharing
You are encouraged to showcase your project in the global community and share your experience in the online awarding ceremony!
Compete virtually and submit online
You are free to complete your project anywhere and submit it online.
Attend basic Workshops
The training workshops or webinars organized by MakeX will be open to all participating teams, with a variety of interesting and practical topics.
What They Say?
“I was not so convinced that our students could be able to participate in the competition after 3 months of intensive training. And I thought competitions or winning is not that important to them, but I was wrong. When they need to design, construct, and present their work at the end of the project, they surprised me by their commitment and creativity.”
Mentor from STEM@IT
“MakeX is a terrific teaching material for young students to develop coding creativity and experience. MakeX which has much better quality than any others in the market makes students highly concentrate on their projects. The best point we learned is that coding education should be to stimulate students’ interest, not just cramming something to their brain.”
“We had quite problems with organization, because of the pandemic. Older students don’t have classes in school so we had to collaborate online. There was no problem with theory and discussing ideas, but when we had to do the practice part, there were a bit of hiccup. Some of them managed, some didn’t. But idea and preparation will stay with them for some other competition with the similar theme.”
Mentor at C.H.A.O.S
What You Can Get?
Contestants are evaluated on five dimensions of performance.
* Include creative thinking, electronic technology,programming ability, design ability and communication skills.
Each dimension is made up of 1-2 subdimensions
Professional Judge Panel
Judge panel of the 2022 MakeX Spark Online Competition consists of judges, senior judges and expert judges.
All the project assessment work will be online. Each project is scored by several judges, and the disputed projects will be sent to the senior judges.
Prof. Dr. André Bresges is a director of the Institute of Physics Education, the University of Cologne.
He currently researches the application of digital media in science education and the use of Learning Management Systems for K-12 and higher education. He is part of the Committee for Educational Technology in the American Association for Physics Teacher (AAPT).
Dr. Khaled is the Assistance Professor of Intelligent Systems, College of Computing & Information Technology, Canada. He got Ph.D in computer science from Salford University- UK.
His research is related to the development and evaluation of novel intelligent and visualization systems that involve the digital signals and images using artificial intelligent techniques and pattern recognition.
Dr. Nasharuddin Zainal is a lecturer in Computer & Communication Engineering at the Department of Electrical, Electronic and Systems Engineering，The National University of Malaysia.
He received Ph.D in Engineering from the Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan. He is a professional Engineer registered with the Malaysian Board of Engineers, a senior member of the IEEE and a registered Member with the Malaysian Institute of Engineers.
Mr. Shuaiqi is an associate professor and senior engineer; former R&d director of Multimedia Division of Tsinghua Electric Power Simulation Laboratory.
He obtained 1 national utility model patent and 7 software copyrights, with 16 years of experience in programming teaching, software development and management, and rich experience in innovation education and STEAM course design.
Dr. Fei is graduated from The College of Mechatronic Engineering and Automation, National University of Defense Technology，with doctor degree of engineering, research focusing on robot control.
Since 2004, he has participated in many RoboCup international and domestic high-level competitions as the chairman of the organizing committee. He is also the Head referee of 2016-2019 VEX Robot Asian Open.
Mr. Lei is the former director of Innovation Project of Peking University Maker Practice Education Center, member of Global Youth Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Competition, and head of EwC-Entrepreneur World Cup China.
He is engaged in student innovation and entrepreneurship practice education for many years and won the Innovation Practice Award of Peking University for two consecutive years.
* Displayed in no particular order.
Want to Join the Judge Panel?
Previous Excellent Projects
Ambulance and Traffic
During my research on my MakeX project topic, I found some scary and interesting information:
-2020 Pandemic situation has taught us some very important lessons, that we must not ignore to ensure that such a crisis will not occur again.
We saw that first-world to third-world countries faced the same problem as they were not prepared.
Care Consol is a device to motivate users into a more beneficial and healthier diet routine. When dieting, it is very easy falling off track and participating in dangerous diet plans. However, this device will always be there to back down into the right path whenever you need it.
There are certain things in life which you have to do whether you like it or not. One of such things is household chores which all moms can’t avoid. We decide to create an auto cleaner robot as a helper. It is a sustainable auto cleaner. It can sweep and mop the floors at the same time . It is user friendly because all of the members in the family can control it. This helper will make all moms around the world will smile broadly.
Healthcare is a global problem, countries big or small face this issue of providing ideal healthcare countrywide hence with the theme of coding with health in this makex competition I propose a solution to providing Elderly healthcare through technology.
Your Journey Through MakeX Spark
2022 MakeX World Championship
Top 2 teams will be advanced to 2022 MakeX World Championship.
Project Submission Guide
STEP 1 : Publish Project
>> Watch the video of Publish Project
STEP 2 : Submit Project & Poster
<< Watch the video of Submit Project & Poster
Details & Regulations
Recommended equipments are shown as follows. If you want to buy any equipment, please contact the local distributor or MakeX Committee: email@example.com.
Thank you to all the contestants and mentors for joining the 2022 MakeX Spark Online Competition-Singapore National Competition. The final result is listed below. The award certificates and score reports will be sent to each contestant via email within a month. Those who are not awarded on the list will also get the participation e-certificate. Any questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to the judging panel who put a lot of effort into this competition. They are (in no particular order): Tan Cheng Yian, Joel Ho Eng Kiat, Nichalas Vun, Yap Yoon Kong, Jimmy Hoon, Ng Teng Hee, Lee Raphael, Cristina G. Saulo, Uma Mageswari, Lo Heung Kwong John, Seri Mastura Mustaza, Ts. Mohd Zaki bin Ghazali, Lalaine C. Naanep, Nasharuddin Zainal, Antonius.Juniadhi.Soekendar, Krittaphat Monaiyakool, Terry Jiang, Jomar Cruz, Anandhi Balaji, Cheng, Kwok Wai, David Peng.
- Eddie Tay: Smart Solar Energy Collector-Eddie Tay Boon Kiat
- Auto Assisant-Georgina Yibing Tanujoyo
- THE RECYCLING BOT by Caleb Chan-Caleb Chan
- ROBO X by Zander Siow-Zander Seow
- The Earth Is Green Again!-Daven Teo Liang Rui
- Project Green Recycle BY Lantz Tan-Lantz Tan
- My Trash Robot by Jaylon Tan-Jaylon Tan
- Solar Electric Robot Trash Picker-Andre Teo Jin Yuan
- Team Kopitiam-Ong Cheng Feng
- Ng Jian Hao – Robo J-Ng Jian Hao
- Flood gate-Sai Mahar & Tan Jun Jiak,Titus
- Asher Lo_MakeX 2022_Project Stellare-Asher Lo Ye Jun
- The Mini Garbage Truck (Ecobot) by Kaeden Tan-Kaeden Tan
- Final Project_Shravan-Shravan Venkatesh
- Forest fire-Marri Venkata Pratham Siddarth & Bhavesh
- MakeX2022_High-Tech-PY-Wesley Lim
- The Perfect Water Bottle-Xu Letian Victor
- Smart Watering System-Soh Jing Xi Kenny
- competition tree and rhino final SERIOUSLY!!!!! (1)-Jayden Lee
- Solar Charging Station-Isaac Teo & Keith Chua
- Rubbish Collector by Xavier Chai-Xavier Chai
- Mr Pumpkinman-Tristan Chua Cheng Jin & Tyler Chua Cheng EE
- SolarAuto Charger by Joseph Khoo-Joseph Khoo Boon Pin
- Team Thunder-Diya Sathiyamoorthi & Ethan Lim Teck Xuan
- makeX Spark-Lim En Kai & Grace Sun
- Farming and Seeds Planting Robot by Prahaaladh-Prahaaladh
- Zero Carbon by Aaden Lim-Aaden Lim
- makex_hansel-Hansel Leoric
- Javan Tan Trash Picker Robot-JAVAN TAN YANG AN
- Aircraft Emergency Recovery Robot by Eason Quek-Eason Quek
- makeX Spark_Jia Le-Fong Jia Le
- Garbage Dumpster by Xavier Seow-Xavier Seow
- Robotic Tree Planter by Celeste and Maxine-Maxine Lock Mei Xing & Celeste How SiQi
- BioGreen-Jonathan Leong & Han Qi-Li
- The Automatic Vacuum Robot by Cody Tan-Cody Tan
- YuhuaTeamA-TreePlantingRobot-Ong Chen Teck Brayden & Ric Neo Jun Wei
- ScrapForge-Sim Poh Siang & Mikhail Daanish Bin Mohamed Hadir
- Combustion Optimisθr by GMSS 1-Jesse Oh Xin An & Shah Helik Hitesh
- makexspark 2022 Garden of the future by team A&H-Yong Hon Zhi & Arish Syed Ali
- MakeX YuhuaTeam C : Light Tracking Solar Panel-Chan Zhi Hng & Chew Shi An Ryan
- r³ (Recycling Right Robot)-Chua Zhe Yu Darius & Benson Huang Yi Fei
- makeXsparkcodeSG-Adam bin Adnan & Daniel Liong
- Hydroponics system-Tammineni Sreejan & Mo Langning
- Turn it Off, by Farooq and Tristan-Ng Jia Le, Tristan & Farooq s/o Mocktarhe Alom
- Garbage Collector by Hao Yuan-Sow Hao Yuan
- Delivery robot by Keegan Lee-Keegan Lee
- Vacuum-Packer for Food (Pack a Snack)-Adwin Lau Yu Tan (Liu Yutan) & Isaac Teo En-Wei
- Derpbot – beach cleanup robot-Benjamin Chew Wen Jin
- The Water Dispenser-Wang Jiarui & Ramakrishnan Nithesh
- Smart Home-Ang Qi Zheng Keevan & Ng Yan Xi Jericho
- Water sprinkler-Reyes Teo Wen Xun & Shane Sebastian lee
- Light shelter-Koh Jia Jie & Teo Yu Heng, Justin
Hosted by: MakeX Robotics Competition Committee
Organizer: Shenzhen Makeblock Co.,Ltd